Gardens today just aren’t for lawns and places for the kids to play, they are also great spaces for storage sheds, a place to store tools, garden items, even just items from the house. For a garden shed to *work* it has to look not only presentable but also have a look and feel that blends in well with the house.
So, your garden shed doesn’t look like a pimple on a pumpkin it should be well planned, so it blends in with the style of your home.
Some basic tips include –
- SPACE – work out the space you have available, and the size of the shed you are buying. Where is it going to be located? Try and ensure it won’t be an issue with your neighbours.
- USE –what will you be using your shed for? For gardening, for bikes and toys, for your lawnmower and garden tools, to store outdoor furniture, or pool accessories. When you decide what you want to put in your shed – you can then work out the size.
- SIZE –how big or small do you need your shed to be? If space and your budget allow, opt for a shed one size larger.
- BASE –will you be building your shed directly on the ground? On pavers? Sand and gravel? On pallets, Or on a cement floor? The size and needs of your shed will dictate the type of base needed.
- INSTALLATION –will you choose to install the shed yourself, or would you prefer someone from your garden shed supplier in Sydney</strong> to arrange installation?
- TIME –if you are buying a kit shed and putting it together yourself – give yourself time, don’t rush it this way you’ll make fewer mistakes.
- TOOLS –make sure you already own or can borrow all the tools you’ll need to prepare the area and assemble your shed.
- INSTRUCTIONS –follow the manufacturer’s instructions, there is a reason they are there, follow them, and you shouldn’t have any problems.
- DOORS – consider the door width and op for a double door if you will be storing large/wide items
Also Read This: Decor ideas for your garden shed
Sheds come in many different shapes and sizes, your garden shed supplier in Sydney will be able to suggest a shed that’s right for you.
Once you have your shed installed, you will be amazed at the transformation, that pile of chairs, the kid’s bikes, pool items you need to store during the winter are all neatly packed away, your yard looks neat and tidy. Add some shelving and storage boxes inside your shed so items can be accessed when needed, and encourage everyone to put bikes, toys, chairs etc. away when they have finished with them. Your yard will look amazing!